Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I Survived another Kublacon!

This was with out a doubt the best Kublacon I've worked in years. It was also the busiest, for me anyway. Due to unforeseeable events I had to step into a different role, and well it kept me VERY busy.

Anyhoo, on to the good stuff!

I didn't get to take as many pictures as I would have liked, but I did get a few that I think are worth sharing.


One of the highlights for me this year was This Qwar's War, from Zombiesmith. WW1 as fought by these colorful anteater looking things. The sculpts are wonderful... and they are even making them in 15mm!


There was a huge Halo Clix deathmatch that looked pretty awesome as well. I'm not a fan of collectible games as a rule... but you have to admit, that this looks fun.

Not to worry though, there were plenty of the wargames we all know and love being played


If you are interested in seeing the rest of the pictures, including a GIANT Settlers of Catan board, the rest of the pics are up on Flickr.

I managed to leave the convention with a few goodies myself. I picked up a copies of Incursion, "Red Sand, Blue Sky", and "Gladiator Wars". I read through the rules for Incursion, and it seems like it will be TONS of fun. Sort of Space Hulk in an underground Nazi base.  As for the other two games... well I want to run a Gladiator game at Kublacon next year, and still need to find a ruleset I like (or kitbash my own).

For more extensive coverage of Kublacon, Check out the Giant Fire Breathing Robot podcast!

No comments:

Post a Comment