Friday, April 23, 2010

ARC Fleet Grav APC - Painted and first bits of Red Planet terrain

I was up with a crazy round of insomnia the other day, and it finally gave me a chance to slap some paint on the awesome ARC Fleet Grav APC from Critical Mass Games.

I also thought I'd sneak in a couple of the 'Red Planet' terrain pieces I was working on too.  I still have a few squads of infantry to work on, but I think they will be waiting until next week.

Anyhoo, here are the shots, let me know what you think!

-R


2 comments:

  1. Very nice photos! I really like what you've done with the APC. I've looked at the unpainted/snow camo miniature on the Critical Mass site and thought 'Meh' but your version makes me go 'Wow! Shiney!'.

    The Red Planet scenics look great, too - cd coated with gravel chip? Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kobold!

    I was beating myself up about a color scheme to use, but I really like the way it came out.

    Army Painter colored Primer, GW Devlin Mud wash, P3 Moldy Ochre and Bloodstone for highlights and armor panels.

    I use a mix of 'Iron Ore' ballast (fine and medium) on my bases, and for detail on the model.

    The terrain CD is mostly sand, with GW Slate chunks thrown on top.


    -Ray aka Doc
    I'll be sure to take pics of the table when I work on it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete